Sunday, October 15, 2006

Dreamland

Yesterday we drove up to Dreamland in Umm Al Quwain (another Emirate) with Kat, Iian Jodie and Dave. Dreamland is the original water park in the UAE. It is quite old but Kat had heard a rumour that during Ramadan there was hardly anyone there and it was cheap to get in, she was right!
Here is an attractive picture of me coming down one of the slides...

Here is Kat sneaking photos of herself onto my camera, and Jodie and Dave coming down the family tube ride. This ride looked very tame but when we all got in the tube went way up over the side (well nearly!)

Here is the lazy river, I could have just floated round here all day on my tube. You can see where some of the other rides are in the background.

It wasa good fun day. We hardly had to wait for any of the slides (compared to Wild Wadi where we waited for about 45 minutes).

Two extras, all around the park there were a lot of date palms, which they were harvesting, the dates just fall in the bags. It keeps the birds from eating them as well.

There is this weird area between the water park (the Hole in the Wall bottle shop is right next door) and the highway. It is just desert but there are all these roads and roundabouts there. Ithink they are going to build and industrial area. Anyway thats where we saw these men driving these camels. We had to wait for them to get off the road.

So that was that! Sunday morning so I am back at school. SIGH!

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun :)

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy,
The water park looks like so much fun. I love splashing around in the water!
I am going for a massage and facial on Saturday where Dooley and I will spalsh around in the baths for an hour or two til I go for my two hours of bliss!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home