Thursday, August 17, 2006

Switzerland

Switzerland was absolutely stunning, everywhere we looked was just like a postcard, just exactly how you would expect it to look. We arrived in the evening had dinner, a couple of drinks and fell exhausted into our (tiny) beds in our (tiny) rooms.

In the morning we leapt up in anticipation... (haha) We had opted going up Mt Pilatus, proud owner of the highest cog wheel train in Switzerland. Here it is.
This ride was stunning. It just kept going and going and going. The view was amazing and the drops over the side of the track were huge. When I took this picture I thought we didn't have too far to go, I was very wrong!
Here we are on top. In the background you can the snow cappes peaks, even though it's the middle of summer. As you can see we were still plent warm enough, the heat wave had even reached us up here!
We walked around the top of both the peaks... I felt a bit light headed, but it could have been all in my head!
This is not the best pic but it gives the idea. We walkes round one of the peaks in the background. We didn't saty in the hotel you can see... Maybe next time! If you look reallt close you can see the horn blowers in the middle of the pic, just accross from my arm.
Here i am up close and personal. This one guy was very busy having his photo taken. I wonder why.
The first decent was in this large glass pod with no seats. There were a few big stomach clutching drops and nervous noises being made! I think about 30-40 people fitted in this one.
The we got into these much smaller pods, just 4 people, for the remainder of they journey. There were hikers going up and down the mountain, 5 hours one side and 6 the other.
Zadok says this was his favourite thing, it was one of mine aswell. Absolutely breathtaking!
Blogging from: Gran's House
(not once have I tried to give the impression I am STILL IN EUROPE.... I am most definitely not... I have infact specified my location numerous times. I believe I said 'blogging from Melbourne and that was from your very house Dan).

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is how you do it Gran

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I am simply awestruck by the scenery. You take good pics! :-)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home