Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sharjah Wildlife Park

Today we went on a field trip to the Wildlife Park in Sharjah, our next-door Emirate. The park has the largest collection of Arabian Animals in the Middle East. There is quite an impressive range of animals there, mostly in quite good enclosures (unlike the Dubai Zoo.... But that is another story). Unfortunately I couldn't take photos in the Arabian section so you miss out on the Arabian Leopard, the Cheetah and the Baboon!
They also have a petting zoo which the children loved and I have photos from there.
Image hosting by Photobucket
The animals acted as though they had never been fed which I find hard to believe with all the schools going through! Goats are plentiful in the UAE, if you drive out of the city and into the hills surrounding you usually see them.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Camels are always a favourite! These 2 were very friendly, nuzzling the kids all over.
Image hosting by Photobucket
The perfect photo op! This little girl is one of my little gems (they are all gems of course). She is the cuddliest thing! There were also ducks, donkies, cows and horses.

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice goats. i want one.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I like the Camels they are very cute.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I think you need to get one.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I eat goats...

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a pony!

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home