Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It's Tuesday but it's Wednesday but it's Friday.

I am going to try and totally confuse all you normal weekend-having people with this post. This morning Kirsty who teachers year 4 in the class next door to me greeted me with this, Oh it's so great, It's Tuesday but it's Wednesday but it's Friday! Which just totally cracked me up. In the UAE all schools have a Thursday/Friday weekend, returning to school for the first day of the week on Saturday (commonly reffered to as 'Monday' by staff who have too many other things on their minds). so therefor, Wednesday is Friday.... If you get what I mean. This week we have Wednesday off due to the Islamic New Year, so Tuesday felt like Wenesday and in turn Tuesday had that lovely Friday feel to it..... Understand? Put simply, I have the next three days off!

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home