Monday, January 09, 2006

More Holidays

Due to the sad demise of HH Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, I have had all this week off. He was the Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. It is also the second (and lesser known) Eid holiday. Zadok has unfortunately had to continue working right through the period of mourning and into the Eid holiday also.

I just linked to Doug's Blog (ahhhh.... blogs are taking over the world!). There are some great photos of Tum and Doug in Vietnam. Also if you haven't already you should follow the 'Tasmania' Link in the links bit of the page, it is quite amusing (especially if you live there or know a bit about the place).

Photo of car still to follow, I haven't forgotten!

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Wendy,

I felt bad about being a voyeur of sorts when I saw you were miffed about the lack of comments so here I am. I tracked to your blog through an expats in UAE link. My husband who works for a major elevator constructor is soon (we hear) to be offered a job there and wanted to know what I thought about it. Of course I want to support him in any opportunity but the UAE is a big unknown to me. I have a 4 year old daughter so it's a big decision. Your photos are great it looks like another (much cleaner) NYC. Anyway I've tagged your site so I can live vicariously through you as we consider our decision. Have great day!

Susan Cassidy
susieq14443@earthlink.net

8:02 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hi Susan,
How interesting! I will get around to sending an email, term has just started so things are rather hectic till we settle down again!
Wendy

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home