Thursday, September 27, 2007

Time in Tassie

I've been looking through the blogs I usually stay in touch with this morning and feeling guilty for not posting, so here it is!

My summer/winter holiday has now been over for about a month would you believe, the time has flown by as we've been really busy with all sorts of things going on. I've got some nice pics of Tasmania to post for your enjoyment!

Here I am at the edge of the Lake St Claire Pass (correct me if I am wrong please.) At the Oyster Bay Lookout. The water you can see is the Moulting Bay Lagoon. The Mountains in the background are called The Hazards and are the gateway to Wineglass Bay, the gorgeous beach that you see on nearly all ads for Tassie, including the Emirates ad here in Dubai! More of That area next post though.

We drove on to Bicheno which is a lovely beachside town on the East Coast. We stayed at the SIlversands resort which looks right out over the bay. Here we are on our litle deck enjoying an afternoon drink and the sound of the waves crashing just down below us.

You've got to remember it's the middle of winter, look at that blue sky!
Just before the sun set we were treated to a display of 3 dolphins swimming in the bay, magic!

And I cant end without a picture of the Bicheno Blowhole.... It was quite rough so we saw some good sprays but they are hard to catch with our little camera!

Next stop, Coles Bay and the Freycinet National Park, Bliss!

Labels: , ,

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home