Thursday, March 22, 2007

Fire on Sheikh Zayed Rd

Zadok and I usually leave for work just before 6.30am (yuck....) and he drops me at school before heading off to the Drydocks. 2 mornings ago the traffic looked a bit backed up, when we turned towards the car this was the sight that met our eyes. There are many new buildings going up along this section of road, as well as established buildings as you can just see on either side.

We drove right by and all bits of ash fell on the car. Shortly after we heard on the radio that the whole of Sheikh Zayed Road had been closed to traffic, that's about 16 lanes, causing instant traffic chaos which lasted throughout the day, long after the road had been reopened.

Luckily the fire and police service seemed to have managed this fire very well, although there was some damage to a nearby building (on the left) there were very few injuries and no fatalities.

Nearly all my workmates come from the opposite direction in the morning so I had many visitors pop their heads into my classroom asking after me and also out new building, although it is in that general area is not really very close.

Our current place of residence is just out of shot to the right, our new house is quite a ways to the right. Promise i'll blog about that soon!

Once again I cant claim these photos as my own! I really need to start taking my camera with me.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home