Friday, February 23, 2007

Catching Crabs in Umm Al Quain...

Last Friday a whole bunch of people from the Drydocks jumped on a bus and headed to Umm Al Quain to do some crab catching.


Umm Al Quain is one of the Northern Emirates. It's about an hours drive from Dubai, give or take depending on how much you value your life and what sort of vehicle you are driving. It sits on a big lagoon type thing, which I am pretty sure opens to the sea... somewhere! It's famous for it's tax free alcohol and second rate water park.
Miki says "I caught one I am going home already...."



It's 4pm and here we are haveing a few relaxed drinks in this bar, now this is the life!

A bit later on... Night is falling and we are getting ready to go... Safty first!


Fashion second!


We went out 18 to a boat. We had lights to hold in the water and spears to nab those crabs with. After a few unsuccessful attempts and our friendly crab catching boat driving guide yelling and gesturing wildly we started to spear them by ourselves!

Lucky we weren't relying on them for oue dinner...
They weren't the meatiest crabs in the world!

I am well excited tonight cause I just got Jen's itinery for her round the world trip.... Including Dubai in May!!!!! YAY! Jen is one of my best friends from home, cant wait.

Comments:

Blogger recreation said...

Hello Wendy

We have enjoyed viewing all of your website and are fascinated about the idea of the blog and what you can post. I have very little experiance when it comes to this, but endeavour to learn.

Myself 26 and my girlfriend 28 currently in live in Barwon heads about 1 hr drive down the coast from Melbourne, Victoria
and we are planning this September 2007 to seek work and live in UAE for extended time.

We are currently researching and finding information on work conditions, living, environment etc all the important stuff to make it sustainable for us in the region.

I work in construction and my partner kylie works in science and education.

I have a question on how you guys started with research. Was it easy? what methods did you use?
We would appreciate and be wrapped if you could share some insight with us as we seek to correspond with people who have made the move.

my details are psb5&aapt.net.au or pbarsby@structural.com.au

Thanks and look forward to your response.

Best wishes
Pete and Ky

7:32 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hmmm... Ok! Give me some time and i'll try and email you.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home