Sunday, June 22, 2008

Winter wollies warm freezing statues.

I loved this snap that I found in the Tasmanian newspaper, the Mercury. Apparently the winter festival has just started, and it coincided with 'Knit in public day'. Some thoughtful person had adorned all the 'Heading South' statues with their own winter warmers. Hand knitted and then stitched on to the statues. Reminds me of a time underwear was strung across the Gorge right before the duck race, however this is probably a lot more tasteful! You can read the story here.



Just 5 school days to go!

Labels: ,

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful snap...

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!! I saw that picture too the other day!!
Check my blog for latest.. The past is haunting me.. And I brought it on myself.. :)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home