Thursday, February 07, 2008

Peppermint Bay Cruise

Whilst I was reaquainting myself with my blogger account I found this post, photos uploaded but no words, so I thought I'd fix it up for you all.

When I was in Hobart over Summer (winter) Rach and I headed off on the Peppermint Bay Cruise, a half day boat trip down the Derwent to the lovely Peppermint Bay Restaurant. We had driven 'the coast road' down through the little known but booming metropolis of Tinderbox a few weeks before, so it was interesting to see it all from the water.


Here is our vessel... We had lunch on board, Rach wasn't sure about the Tasmanian Salmon or oyster.


And here is Rach at Pepperment Bay, where we sampled their bubbly... Although sampled is probably not an appropriate word!

We saw Eagles, a fur seal and a sea lion chomping on a stingray (photos not so good sorry). The cruise was well worth the time.

When we were back on dry land we took this photo op, the Aurora Australis travels to Antarctica each year from Tasmania. It's winter when I go home so it's always docked down at the waterfront, but it will return to sea once enough of the ice had melted.


And here is our Knight in shining orange fluro, come to save us from ourselves!

Labels: , ,

Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hmmm where can I get a Fluro jacket like that? Oh in the cupboard.
Would you like me to send it to you?

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home