Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tasmania

The countdown continues, first for Europe (8 weeks) then for Australia (12 weeks)! I took these photos last August when I was in Tasmania and never blogged them.
Image hosting by Photobucket
This beautiful sunset I took out the window of the car driving from Hobart to Launceston. I have seen some amazing sunsets here but not often, and not quite up to this standard! This photo now hangs on my bathroom wall.

Rach and I were having lunch at the Gorge one day and we found out August is mating time for the peacocks! So along with our wraps we had this amazing display.
Image hosting by Photobucket
It was mildly off putting when we were trying to eat and the peacocks were close to snapping the food out of our mouths!

Tasmania is a truly beautiful place, I am really looking forward to being back for a visit!
A big CONGRATULATIONS to Sam and Phil,
(Zadok's middle sister and her husband) on the arrival of Boaz, their first child and our first nephew! At some stage I will get a photo I am sure.

Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Yes... Wines and food....
For sure.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Kekiinani said...

Hi Wendy... WOW thanks for the wonderful comment that you enjoy my photo a day.. LOL LOL LOL ... I have had tremendous computer issues which still continue. I have been continuing with the photos just having technical difficulties posting along with a little travel of my own this past weekend. Your shots are way awesome and the various places that you have been, wonderful. I shall now check back here often to see your photos from all over. Thank you again for your comment and making me aware of your photos. Have a wonderful time in your travels. Aloha, Renee :)

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We shall meet one day my friend

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy...That's a really pretty sunset! You were soooooo lucky to get such an amazing photo. I've never seen a peacock before! Actually I'll admit that I thought they were some kind of vegetable not a bird!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wendy,

i feel like a pretty terrible friend, but i've lost your email address (along with everything else on my computer!), i just wanted to wish you a really wonderful happy birthday. I hope things are going well for you and Zadok. Things here are pretty much as usual, but pottering on nicely. Anyway congrats on making to 25, hope you’re not too busy to party! God bless, with love from Von and Colin

2:48 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hey Von, wrote you an email but it didn't go, your address must have changed. Mine is wendy_jane81@hotmail.com
Let me know when you have it I'll move it off here.
Love wendy

2:03 PM  
Blogger vana said...

Hi, I have a blog about sunsets, would you moind if I used your pictuer(and of course gave the credit to you)?

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an amazing sunset, a sunset that only God can make!!

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home