Friday, April 14, 2006

Snowboarding

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

We have now had 2 snowboarding lessons at Ski Dubai. The lessons last 1 and a 1/2 hours and include 2 hours entry onto the ski slope. The first lesson was very basic, just managing the snowboard strapped on to our feet and going down the beginers slope.

In the second lesson our instructor took us onto the main slope, where we took the ski lift to 'Mid-Way Point'.

Image hosting by Photobucket
You can see the mid-way cafe and the lift in the background of this pic. The first lesson was very difficult, neither of us felt comfortable on the board and I fell flat on my face a number of times.

The second lesson we found much easier, however the crashes became even more plentiful and obviously more painful as our speed increased!

We are now ready to head along for a level 1 lesson this afternoon. They say they are going to teach us how to make linked turns then in level 2 we will do our first trick... I did a trick last lesson, crashed into the safety barrier and ripped it down the slope... I don't think they are talking about that sort of trick!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Here we are before our last assult on the 'mountain', tired, hurting, aware of muscles we didn't know we had, but still feeling rather pleased with ourselves.

Comments:

Blogger Zartimus said...

I'm from Canada. Hillarious! It is sunny and beachy where you are and you have an indoor ski hill. Man, up here we need an indoor beach in the wintertime!

Cheers!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading your journal. I've been to Dubai 5 times on holiday, staying at the Minaasalam and Jumeriah Beach Hotel with my husband and sons. We adore Dubai. It was great to read about your snowboarding! I will show my sons the pictures later this morning. You appear to be really happy; I would love to live in Dubai. All the very best to you. Kind regards. (Couldn't sleep - it's 04.20am UK time, I've made a coffee and have been reading your journal). Keep enjoying life and make the most of every day.
All the very best, Lisa (Wiltshire, UK)

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home