Sunday, March 26, 2006

Heritage Day

On Wednesday we had Heritage Day at school. It's a way for the children (and teachers) to get a look at the culture of the United Arab Emirates. All the children dress up in national dress (very cute) and there are numerous events throughout the day in different areas of the school.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Here I am holding a falcon. It is suprisingly heavy!
Image hosting by Photobucket
We were visited by some girls from a local university, they showed the boys how to wrap their head dress in the traditional Emarati way and one of them did Henna designs for all the girls. She told me it would come off in a week but I have my doubts!
Image hosting by Photobucket
I now have 9 more school days until holidays, YAY!

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your hennaed hands. Enjoy your hols.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Usually hands and feet but I think maybe more for celebrations.

I am sick of mine now... I have scrubbed at it quite a bit, it's faded a little!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Haha! I would delete the first comment but I find it quite amusing!!!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home