Sunday, April 23, 2006

Snakes and Ladders

For the past few months I have been participating in a game of snakes and ladders at my gym.
I am not a big fan of the gym but it is now way too hot to walk outside (or do anything particularly active) outside and Dubai by nature is not a place where you have to walk very far to do anything (I walk about 30 meters to buy the milk, thats about it). So it's good to try and go and do something active every day.
At the club gym they usually have some sort of competition going to encourage members to attend regularly. The rules of snakes and ladders were for each 20 min cardio workout you get to roll the dice then move that number along the gameboard. The snakes had things like 'ate out again' or 'stayed home and watched TV instead of going to the gym' and the ladders had things like 'ate healthily all weekend' or 'did an extra work-out this week'. It's quite a good idea I think, just a little bit of extra motivation. After 3 months of going up and down the board, last week I finally won! YAY! They gave me a food voucher for he club restaurant, where everything is served with fries... Hahahaha....

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work Wendinator!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

you know me, fitness freak! Hahaha

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very good incentive

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home