Sunday, November 06, 2005

Camping

Would you believe, Zadok got four days off over my Eid/half term break and we were able to go camping with a whole bunch of our friends. We went to Fujeirah (many spellings accepted) which is the only Emirate that lies on the Gulf of Oman. There were 12 of us there I think. We haven't camped here before so we had to invest in a tent....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Carrefour (the massive megamart we got to) sells tents for about the same price as a bottle of wine so we got this 5 person tent and were the envy of some others who slept in much smaller quaters! It looks quite nice with the fly on but due to the balmy weather we didn't bother with it.

As you can see we camped right on the beach. The only bad thing was the sand, sand everywhere!!! We went snorkling round the rocks you can see in the background of this pic of Mike, we are heading off in the distance...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I nearly drowned... Probably due to my fantastic swimming ability (hahahaha) but there were some amazing fish there. Mike saw turtles and a ray.

The East Coast is quite mountainous. I hadn't seen the mountains before and although I knew they were not like lush I was expecting some greenery.... My first thoughts were of Queenstown in Tassie, where chemicals and mining have rendered the surronding hills lifeless. Only this was on a much, much larger scale. the mountains are quite severe and barren except for the occasional small plant that might be consideted a tree if you have a good imagination. You can sort of see them in the background of this pic.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And at Sunset... Or just after!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The evening we got back and the next day are another story... I will post again soon.

Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! How was the snorkelling?

7:19 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I saw some real pretty fish, in between bouts of gasping for air and having my mask fill with water!!!!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home