Saturday, August 09, 2008

Notes on Nepal #3

3 weeks in...
This week I have been staying with a Nepali farming family in the tiny town of Rampoor (? never saw it written anywhere.) I have been working in the community Nursery which has mostly involved weeding and preparing hundreds of pots with soil for the planting season in September. I ate Dhal Baat (rice with lentils) twice a day every day I was there (Nepalis eat at about 10am and 7.30pm and that is it, and they eat the same thing twice a day every day, day in, day out.)

Last night we (Bronte and myself) stayed in a stilt house in the Chitwan National Park. We didn't see any big animals unfortunately but it was still great fun!

Today I diverted from my planned itinerary (again) and have come to Pokhara to be a tourist for a few days. It's lovely and peaceful here. I have photos of everything of course but you'll have to wait!

Labels:

Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Can we have a weather report next time Wendy ?

4:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward 2 photos. Dad.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in which hotel are you staying
please call me 9803740191
I'm in Pokhara, too!
Anika

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home